Sunday, October 07, 2007

They call it mellow yellow.....

Yeah, I know, it's been almost a month, but knitting has been happening and here's proof:



I wanted to make the Hemlock Ring Blanket and had this in my stash. It was planned for a baby blanket for a kid that's now 3. This pattern is so much fun and I'm halfway finished in just a couple of days.



I won the NFL football pool last week so purchased yarn for my next HRB. It'll be a gift too. Probably for Christmas.



I can't wait to get started on this one. The Cascade Eco Wool is so nice. I've been wanting to do a lace project for some time now but didn't think I had the patience. This pattern is a breeze, especially with aran weight and size 10 needles.


So, I've been working on my Ravelry page when I have time, but work has been so crazy that I just couldn't sit down and actually write. I have a bit of a reprieve this week, but then it's on the road again for 4 days. I haven't even been to my knitting circle in weeks.

I made Calorimetry in the new Plymouth Boku, but it was so huge that I frogged the whole thing. I've gone down one needle size and am casting on fewer stitches, so hopefully, I'll have some more show and tell in the next couple of days.

I'm hearing a lot of people say they've temporarily lost their knitting mojo and I guess I did too for awhile. It was a big disappointment when I realized that I had to frog about 20 rows of Fifi. The dropped stitch was just too glaring. I haven't gone back to it yet, but plan to as soon as Mellow Yellow is finished. I'm calling it that because it's just so soft and cuddly. I feel really mellow when I'm working on it.

Kind of like when I'm sitting here:

1 comment:

rachel iufer said...

i looooooooooove the hemlock ring. we keep doing the same things (though i have not cast on for this project yet, it's in the queue)

we miss you at knit night. come back!!!!