Sunday, July 08, 2007

Le Tour de Stash

Yesterday was the start of one of my favorite sporting events, Le Tour de France and I've joined the peloton.



Thank goodness for Erin's blog or I might not have found out about all the fun. It's so much more fun to know that I'm knitting with other Tour fans so I've joined the Tour de France KAL.

Meg and Debby, I told you that I was knitting a bag, but I was under pressure to decide, since I found out about the KAL an hour before the deadline. Well, knitters, I've changed my mind and have decided on the French Girl's, Fifi.



I haven't chosen the yarn yet...must do research. Kristeen knit it in Rowan's Calmer, but I'm looking for a more affordable yet just as chic substitution. OK, so not really a tour of my stash, since I don't have anything suitable for this sweater, but oh well, it sounded good. The pattern will be a challenge, since it's my first sweater in the round and it'll be challenging to keep track of the pattern. That's why I chose the polka dot jersey, I need to work on my mountain climbing skills.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Meg said...

I think you've chosen well. Fifi is tres chic!

rachel iufer said...

fifi is so cute! are you gonna pick out yarn on wednesday?

natalie said...

Welcome to the peleton!