Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fifi is born and reborn

This is Fifi's second life. Her cables got messed up and she had to be frogged. I'm actually further than this now and just about ready to divide for the sleeves. I'll have someone take a picture at knit night as Jack (the cat) hasn't mastered photography yet.

 


I'm using Berrocco's Touche and it's a dream. Stretch is important in this top because it has about 2" of negative ease and Touche has wonderful stretch, but I don't think too much. It's a nice alternative for Rowan's Calmer and about half the cost. In fact, I was surprised at how affordable Touche is.

I'm also working on a secret project for a friend who has a book coming out soon. I've been honored with knitting a test sample. Let me tell you, this one is gorgeous and I can't wait for the book to come out so I can talk about this beautiful collection.

In the meantime, I've found a fellow knitter in my family (finally!). Here she is getting ready to leave for Weds. knitting circle.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

rachel iufer said...

i'm so sad that knit night is cancelled tonight :( i always love seeing you and your latest projects. next week though, yes?

i think i'll watch some pride and prejudice and knit tonight instead.