Monday, March 12, 2007

Pumpkin in the road

Just an update...

Pumpkin, the project for Chica's baby is giving me problems. It's from the book, Pipsqueaks by Rowan and it's been really easy so far, but now I'm stuck. Have to wait until Weds night knitting circle to get expert help from Ina. She always solves my knitting problems immediately. It's kind of like me and sewing patterns, but I'm not there yet with knitting. Anyway, I love how Pumpkin is turning out and I was hoping to sew up the seams on Sunday 'til I ran into a roadblock. Naturally it happened on Sunday when my LYS was closed.

Of course this gave me time to get back on track with CPH. I'm working on the fronts and knitting them simultaneously as several in the KAL recommended. I want to make sure that it turns out even the first time. Today I was enjoying the sunshine at lunchtime and working on it. It was 80 degrees, can you believe it??? A student sharing my bench was quite interested and asked me what kind of yarn I was using. So here I am in March (almost spring), 80 deg. and I'm knitting a wool sweater. She asked if I was getting a jump on next winter. :( I'm going to have to get this seasonal thing on track, I guess. The fact is, I probably won't get to wear it until next year, because at the rate I'm going, it'll be 100 by the time I finish up. I'm tempted to put it aside and get going on my Nantucket Jacket, because that I can wear soon.

Ah well, back to the CPH.

No comments: