Monday, March 19, 2007

the Great Pumpkin lives

Pumpkin is finally in the tied knots category, well almost. He's blocking right now and I found the perfect buttons yesterday. Hopefully Pumpkin will be dry by tomorrow so I can put him in the mail, otherwise I won't be able to mail him until next week.

Chica, if you read this, I made a size 2 so it'll last awhile, eeks, I hope. If not, you'll have a nice heirloom, but never fear, your little fish is the only baby boy I have to knit for, all the others are girls, so I may just come up with something else later on.

And now for your viewing pleasure...



Meet my new Clover pendant, Cloe. I'm heading to San Diego for a few days and Cloe will accompany me on the plane. I hear that Cloe's sisters have made it successfully through airport security and I'm hoping that she doesn't get sent off to a foster home. I'll be heading out armed with my CPH and supplies in a ziploc.

The purpose of my trip is a conference for academic advisors and I'm counting on being able to knit in the back of the room for 2 days straight. The goal for the week is to make serious headway on my CPH, while thinking of all those knitters in New York this week to meet Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and go on the yarn crawl.

Do you know that I googled yarn stores in San Diego and only got three??? I couldn't quite believe it (even though the google people are practically gods), so I searched the yellow pages....same result.

This is really quite unbelievable considering SD is the 2nd largest city in California. Anyway, none of them are near my hotel or near downtown, so I guess I won't be contributing to my stash this trip. If anyone reading this knows of a fantastic store in San Diego that's near down town or Mission Valley, let me know.

Here's another cute little ditty that came home with me today.



It's a contact lens case with a mirror inside. So now the optometrist stocks impulse items. It's so adorable,how could I resist?

Off to finish laundry and hide my yarn from Jack. I don't want to come home to yarn strung all over the house.

No comments: