One day I mentioned my new hobby to my office mates and it turned out they were knitters too. The only knitting book I'd read at the time was Stitch n' Bitch and I wondered out loud if there was a local group we could join. After much conversation, I suggested that we start our own little group and they said, "If you plan it, we will come." So I did. We started a little group of people associated with the math department at our university and began knitting afghans for Project Linus. Our group is named Knit Theory after the mathematical,"knot theory." About 2/3 of the knitters are mathematics professors and the rest of us just love math people. We've grown from our first meeting of 6 to 22 now. There's a regular group of about a dozen that work on projects together.
I spent a lot of time teaching what I had taught myself, learning from the more experienced knitters and not really branching out. Oh, I made myself a sweater that is quite lovely, but so heavy that there are only about 3 days out of an entire year that I can wear it. I'll have to photograph it for posterity one day.
2 comments:
Did you make that crown on your own or follow a pattern? I love it.
will you bring pumpkin to the knitting club tonight, or did you already send it away?
Post a Comment