Monday, January 19, 2009

Volver

It's been quite a year and I've neglected my blog for a very long time. I've never really been able to keep up a journal for very long. I write lots of entries in my head, but then never seem to get it in print whether it's on paper or here on the blog. I'm really going to try to do better this year, but it's not a promise.

We've had a couple of weeks of very nice weather and it's about to come to an end. This is bittersweet because, while I love warm weather, Northern California is in a drought and wee need the rain. I've been walking a lot more lately for health and happiness. We have many beautiful places to walk in Chico and my favorite is Bidwell Park. Even though the trees are leafless at the moment, the sycamores are striking with their white trunks.




This is where Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn was filmed.




Can you picture Robin Hood and his Merry Men riding their horses through Sherwood forest? Of course, the footpath wasn't paved back then, so picture dirt.




The other day, I visited a local thrift store and purchased three wool sweaters, which I plan to unravel and recycle. I'm trying to be thriftier this year and what better way to be green, thrifty and creative in one fell swoop? So last night, I began deconstructing the first sweater. It's going to take forever, because the yarn is fingering weight.

I had a little help from my fur child.







I think this is what they call cat napping.

No comments: