I've signed up for the Tour de France KAL again this year. Last year I made Fifi as a polka dot jersey because I was learning something new. This year I'm going for the green. My project will be the laptop case from Leigh Radford's Alterknits. The green jersey is the sprinter category so I'll try to finish it during the allotted time frame and I think it's a rather chic bag (is that a stretch on the French theme?) Either way, I think I'm covered since I'm part French so really, anything I make is part French as well.
In other news, I'm taking tennis lessons and have started running. This is added to my Jenny Craig program to lose some weight before my November adventure trip to Costa Rica. The tennis is so much more fun than the boring old gym. I've really become a couch potato since learning to knit, always looking for ways to spend more time at it. I have had to take the approach of exercising before knitting. I don't want to be limited by weight, so I decided that now is the time to take charge of my life (and body). Fortunately, I'm very healthy, so now I actually feel so much better by adding the exercise and by making healthy food choices. I highly recommend Jenny to anyone who's having trouble getting started. It's made me accountable to my counselor who is so very supportive. And the food's great. I chose Jenny because I don't have to cook for anyone else, and it works well with my busy lifestyle. On top of that, I'm learning what a single serving looks like, so when I eat out I'm able to order the right foods and eat the right amount. The best part...I can have chocolate cheesecake every day if I want to, and it's delish.
I hope to have some FO pics in the next couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment