Saturday, December 29, 2007

Made in Chico

...or the general vicinity.

I have found the loveliest handmade soaps ever. They're made in the nearby town of Willows by Karita. I've never met Karita, but I'm sending her a note to tell her how much I adore her soaps.



This is my favorite scent, Karita's Aroma.

Here's how I plan to share it...



The sack is a drop stitch pattern and I'm sorry to say the I can't locate the designer's website right now to give her credit. I'll post it later if I find it. The washcloth is my own design. I call it Drop & Roll. That's because I alternated the drop stitch pattern with K2tog, YO lace (that's the roll part).



I've made another soap sack with a leafy vine pattern (again, can't seem to find the designer right now).



I used organic cotton to make them, but I'm going to try Cotton Ease next. I've also found some lovely Martha Stewart ribbons at Michael's to tie them up with.

2 comments:

Kara said...

What a great combination. Anyone would be lucky to get that fabulous gift.

rachel iufer said...

that is an excellent idea! i may copy that for mother's day gifts this year.