Saturday, December 29, 2007

But soft!

What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun! Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief that thou her maid art far more fair than she.
~William Shakespeare (from Romeo and Juliet)




Rise Juliet, rise!





Juliet was such a fun knit. It only took a couple of evenings to finish, but weeks to find the perfect glass button.



I hope the recipient loves her too.



I also hope she fits. I wrangled a random student at my university who appeared to be the right size and a sense of style, and asked her to try it on. It fit her perfectly and she loved it.
We decided I should make it cropped and with only one button. The yarn was the new Cotton Ease in Lake. I doubled it since the pattern calls for chunky yarn. I hope to show a photo of her on my niece later this week.

Hmmm....Wherefore art thou Romeo?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.