The last few weeks have been spent trying to catch up on things I've neglected over the spring semester. Even though the semester was crazier than usual, lots of knitting was happening behind the scenes. I'll show you some of it today.
Jack the Cat helped me make another birthday crown in May. This one was in shades of purple and lavender.
Commencement
Friends retiring
Knit Theory made a beautiful friendship afghan for our dear friend Sue. She just retired and I'll miss our Friday iced coffees, but she's now coming to Weds night knitting at Heartstrings. 13 people helped put this beauty together out of Plymouth Galway chunky. It took 35 rectangles , was begun in January 2007 and finished May 2007. Three stitch patterns were used for the blocks: seed, basket weave, and a simple lace.
Hmmm...who will get the next one????
Smelly flowers that bloom once every 10 yrs or so...
This is the Corpse Flower. It stands about 5 feet tall and smells like dead, rotting bodies. The smell attracts flies (oh yes, they were swarming) and when they land, it swallows them up. This is the second bloom in about 3 years and it's very unusual for it to have bloomed again so soon. The bloom lasted about a week or so.
There's a new baby on the way, so I made the Baby Bolero from One Skein for my coworker's new baby boy, Justus.
I used Mission Falls 1824 (100% cotton) in a soft sage green. The pattern calls for Blue Sky Organic Cotton, but I can't get it in my town and there was no time to order it online. I must say, though, that I'm so pleased with the way it turned out. This is going to be my new signature baby gift. The yarn was a dream and the pattern, super easy. I made it in just a few days. I'll definitely go back to this yarn.
That's enough for today. I've got more, but I'll save it for tomorrow.
2 comments:
I LOVE that baby bolero. I always thought it was cute in the book, but seeing the one you knit in person made me fall in love with it completely. excellent choice for a signature baby item. I can't wait to see you again on Wednesday!
Thanks, Rachel. It was so easy. See you Weds!
Post a Comment