Sunday, February 04, 2007

Playing tag


I've been tagged by Rachel, who by the way, is the only blogger I actually know.

Here are the rules: write 5 things you've never talked about on your blog and tag 5 people you'd like to know more about.

1. I studied fashion merchandising at Arapahoe College in Colorado and fashion design at Brooks College in Long Beach, CA. I worked in the fashion industry for about 20 yrs, got fed up, and am now an educator. I'm an excellent seamstress, but I lost my passion for it and haven't had my machines out in a couple of years. 3 yrs ago I bought some yarn and knitting needles and my new passion was born. I still need a pattern, but I'm beginning to design garments in my head. I think that means that I'm ready to start designing again. I'm going to buy a notebook today so that I can start putting some of my ideas on paper.

2. When I was in college a woman came to my textiles class and brought her spindles and spinning wheels. Once I tried out her wheel, I had to have one. My parents ordered me an Ashford Traveler. I spent months in my dad's workshop finishing it and putting it together. It looks fabulous...I've never used it. Recently I bought some top, oiled and tightened the parts and gave it a spin. I need lessons. That's my goal for spring, to learn to spin yarn for knitting.

3. For my 40th birthday, I gave myself a trip to Merida, Mexico. Actually, it was an immersion program for my Latin American Studies minor. It had it's challenges, but was an unforgettable experience. I lived with a wonderful family, taught 3rd grade and visited some of the most amazing places on earth. The picture is one I took of some Mayan children playing marbles.

4 and 5 will be forthcoming along with the taggees.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

1 comment:

rachel iufer said...

ah! i can't believe you have a spinning wheel and you've never used it! (though, who am i to say this? i have a spindle and plenty of fiber, yet they hide in my closet)

but still. you know what i mean...

lovely seeing you again on wednesday. Forecast is done and i love her! i'll bring it to the knitting circle on wednesday.