Friday, November 24, 2006

Ta Da!


Happy Thanksgiving! It was a quiet day with a small gathering of 4, but very enjoyable. Good to see my parents, it's been too long. One of my knitting friends joined us and proceeded to knit up about a foot of a new scarf while the turkey was roasting. My mom has a fancy shmancy new washer, so I gave it a test drive and felted up Ashten's tote (my first felting project). Of course I showed everyone the before, which they oo'd and ah'd over (which was funny, because pre-felted items always look weird and out of shape). But wow, when it came out of the wash....amazing! I only had to give it two washings and I put it in a mesh bag so that the handles wouldn't get stretched out of shape. Here's how it looked and I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with myself right now and ready to keep on felting.

2 comments:

rachel iufer said...

I LOVE this bag! it totally inspired me to make another felted tote. my christmas knitting is top priority though, but afterward I'm gonna make a felted tote.

great job!

Anonymous said...

this bag is the best!!! i love it!!!! thank you, thank you, thank you, aunt pam!!!! thanks for teaching me.....

love ash
x,o,x,o,x,o,x,o