Monday, November 20, 2006

Off to a slow start...

Writing's not one of my favorite things. It keeps me from my knitting. I've actually finished another project since my first post, well almost. During the summer I went to Big Sur and found a fabulous ball of recycled sari silk in a luscious colorway. I knitted up a little mystery bag (mystery, because a friend at my LYS gave me the pattern without a picture and suggested I see how it turned out). The knitting is complete, except that I think I'll shorten the strap a little. I still need a nice piece of fabric to line it and an interesting button closure. I'm thinking of giving it away as a Christmas gift...not sure I want to part with it yet.








I'm not sure what color I'll use to line it yet, depends on what strikes me at the fabric store.




Here's the picture of Derek's chullo hat that I promised.






I'm pretty proud of the fair isle design, since it was my first attempt. It was pretty easy and I'm already dreaming about the fair isle cardigan I plan to knit up for myself after all of the holiday knitting is completed.


Here's one of my current WIP. It's a felted tote bag for my niece, Ashten. I'm going to felt it at my mom's on Thanksgiving so I can amaze and impress my family, since Ashten won't be there. I'm just using your basic black worsted but, the stripes are a rich Noro in Kureyon. I love the thick and thin texture.


This was a long post, but hey, I had some catching up to do. There's more, but I'll save it for another day.

2 comments:

rachel iufer said...

i'm so in love with that chullo hat! it has inspired me to make some in a similar style. you have to post a photo of the final felted bag because it's so stinkin' cute!!!

love the blog! :)

juliethefish said...

I am SO impressed w/ your stuff! No wonder all of the "kids" were putting in orders! Girl, you've got talent! I LOVE the chulo hat, the fingerless gloves...shoot, I love it all!